Friday, October 7, 2011

Project Runway, here I come!

I finally used part of my birthday gift certificate to Sew L.A. and took a sewing refresher course.  It had been well over 10 years since I've used my machine.  And even then, I didn't really know what I was doing with it (or to it for that matter).

After a few hours of hearing that machine stitch away, I'm now hooked.  I'm hoping that this newly reborn passion can get some easy special projects finished for Christmas gifts this year.

Lately, I've been browsing a few of my favorite sewing blogs for some inspiration.  Each of these gals is RIDICULOUSLY talented and often I tend to feel overwhelmed with how effortless their sewing skills seem to be.  I have to remind myself that I'm only going to get better with practice and that these gals started at the beginning at one point too.

Luckily, there's this whole wonderful blogging world I'm obsessed with that can guide and inspire me through it.

{Made}
{The Purl Bee}
{See Kate Sew}
{I Still Love You}
{Cotton & Curls}
I'd love to know where you like to go (blogs or otherwise) to get your sewing eye candy and ideas...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails