But I don't always love the pricetag supplies for lino cuts can often have.
Especially when I just want it to stamp a party invitation for Miller's upcoming 2nd birthday. And would much rather use the extra cash to buy him a fun present.
So I opted for a much MUCH cheaper option by carving an image into a thick sheet of craft foam. So easy. So only 99 cents.
Here's what I did:
- Cut foam to stamp size I wanted
- Pencil drew a simple image onto foam (remembering that whatever you draw needs to be a mirror image)
- Carved image with an exacto knife. (At first I thought I would need to actually carve out the lines [see the tent], but I quickly realized that the foam surface itself becomes compromised just by simply slicing into it)
- Evenly painted watercolors onto stamp for each press
- Pressed stamp onto already printed party invites