Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Master Bedroom Upgrade: Stage 1

I've lived on my own since I was 18.  With each place I've always ALWAYS prioritized my bedroom as last on the list of things to organize.

I hate that I do this.

Each new move I naively vow "BEDROOM FIRST!".  Months later the bedroom is less the sanctuary I long it to be and more the laundry, craft projects, papers to be filed storage area it defaults itself to be.  Most of the time I feel like our bedroom is one more pile away to becoming an episode of "Hoarders".

{In our defense, we were moving and reorganizing a bookshelf this day.  Also, take note of the bulky, dusty, annoying headboard bookshelf behind the bed.}
{Anyone in the LA area looking to buy this??  Please.}
This summer I plan to grab this damn lack of bedroom sanctity by the balls and take ownership by defining our bedroom as a beautiful, peaceful, sexy, cozy and pile free space.

Welcome to Stage 1:
{No more nasty, bulky headboard.  Eventually, we'd like to get matching nightstands, but until then this side table and cupboard will have to do.  Curtains too, maybe?  Definitely hoping to recover the antique chest at the foot of the bed.  Maybe a yellow or light gray?}
{New to us $15 thrifted cupboard currently holding and hiding etsy goodies.  I'm hoping to sand off some of the darkness of the blue stain.  Eventually.}
{The rest of the room still needs a bit of work though...}
I'd love to know what tricks, ideals, convictions you use to keep your bedroom a sane space.  Please PLEASE share.  I can use all the help I can get.  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails