Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cranking up the knobs on my "Glam-o-meter"

After admiring such beautiful gowns at the Oscars this past Sunday (my faves: Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Rachel McAdams), I realized that my life is in serious need of some glam. It's not like I personally am uber fantastic, but I have managed to sneak or beg my way into a few industry parties or premieres while I was actually working within the business. Now that I'm an industry outlier, hip swanky events are a little harder to come by and I find myself wearing the same uniform everyday (jeans, tee, cardigan anyone?).

I do get to enjoy this more:

{Miller deciding on his Oscar picks}

{My faves. And yes, Evan is reading to Miller a book on the history of the Italian mafia. **Evan has corrected me; that is a book about Sicilian mafia. My bad.}

{Quiet moments to get some writing done. And drink diet coke.}

Spending my energy on them trumps blisters from sexy high heels any day!
Instead, I'll cyber hunt some esty glam into my life. Even if the event of my day is walking to the bakery down the street.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails