Friday, July 30, 2010

Tricky Tricky

Miller has just learned to shake his head "No".
Exciting that he now has a new way to communicate with us.
Annoying that he's shaking his head before the vegetables even have a chance to get to his mouth.

Sorry, Miller.  Pickles are not considered a vegetable.

Once the old "dip it in ranch technique" wore off, I started improvising a few of his favorite meals to now include more veggies- spinach in pasta sauce, zucchini quesadillas.

I wonder if I can inject blueberries with a veg?
When a hankering for chicken salad sandwiches hit the other night, I knew I needed to kick it up a notch and green it up.

Success!  Amy- 5, Miller- 308.  (I'll take any eating victory I can get.)

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Chicken (and Broccoli-Shhh) Salad

(all measurements are flexible)
2 cups rough chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 cup rough chopped uncooked broccoli heads
2-3 tablespoons mayo
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor to your texture preference.  Throw it on some bread, add a few crunchy lettuce leaves and VIOLA! delicious sandwiches to eat in the car while you drive to Morro Bay to visit family.  :)

What veggie tricks do you have up your sleeve?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails