Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"...home is whenever I'm with you..."

I don't make resolutions, because I just end up breaking them.  By January 3rd disappointment creeps in, explodes its suitcase and sets up camp on my living room floor.  You will not be a houseguest this year.  Jerk.

One thing I would like to re-solution this year is to start playing guitar again.  My sad little acoustic Yamaha waits, collecting dust bunnies.  Each time I've had to move it in the last ten years, it greets me with doe eyes in hopes that I pick it up, dust it off and, at the very least, tune the poor thing.  Sadly, I just end up shoving it into the dark abyss of our underbed world.

This father and his ridiculously adorable daughter singing Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros' "Home" inspire me to start getting my fingers calloused again.

2 comments:

erin said...

Seriously, that video just made my day.

Natalie Sue Nightingale said...

ok, so am i the only one that nearly started tearing up during that little production?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails