Monday, March 14, 2011

Again

Again, things happen with unyeilding force.

Again, I watch it unfold from the comfort of a warm blanket, a cup of hot tea and the power to simply hit a remote button to make it stop.  There's a piece of my brain that worries about what I'm wearing tomorrow as the rest of me fights off tears watching a desperate truck attempt to reach a safe distance.  Why am I so numb sometimes?

I plan my work outfit.  The truck gets swallowed up in the mighty mess.

I'm at a loss for words.  I'm at a loss for feelings too.
I'm protected.  I'm protecting.  I am powerless I think.

Again, there's too much happening.  Again, my little hands feel soft.

I hug my fluttering belly tight and send up a simple whisper.



(soft hands can help here too)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails